WORK AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Design Consultant, Renzi Design Studio, Yakima, WA. 2009-Present
Director of a World Class consulting design services firm focused on hospitality, restaurant, custom residential and retail projects. I am a provider of a full range of design, production and administration services to national and international clients, including voluntary services to Architecture for Humanity.
Design Manager International, Starbucks Coffee Company, Seattle, WA. 2007-2009
Design leader and manager of multicultural, cross functional professional teams; setting creative direction for store execution on international markets, focused in Latin America. Analyzing real estate and financial information and transform it into a fully operational store, consistently achieving a strong design following company standards, while coordinating in-house and exterior providers, team members and consultants, maintaining a future project pipeline of 18 months. I was responsible of the annual development of an average of thirty seven new and remodeled stores with a minimum of $12 million (USD) yearly budget investment.
Architectural Project Manager, JDR Architects, Corona, CA. 2006-2007
Senior project manager in charge of hospitality, restaurant, commercial and luxury residential projects in Southern California and Arizona, Responsible of full client interaction and coordination, creating complete and reliable architectural sets and contract documents, supervising its development, coordinating and leading MEP and other consultants, evaluating and selecting finishes and materials. Review and resolve building, accessibility and sustainability code compliance with the respective authorities, following and obtaining building permits and entitlement within time and budget maintaining a high level of quality and detail.
Project Manager, Hochhauser Blatter Architects / Womer & Associates, Santa Barbara, CA. 2005-2006
Manager of a selected number of large assisted living, mental health and luxury residential projects in Central California, Washington and Arizona States. I achieved an excellent record for delivering complex projects within time and budget, following the intricate code requirements, client's needs and requests; acquired a remarkable array of knowledge and experience translating it into clean and precise construction document sets; a thorough construction supervision or administration, final building delivery and follow up.
Project Manager, KDF Architecture, Yakima, WA. 2002-2005
Healthcare focus position in a high paced architectural firm, extreme focus to construction details and all related design and building codes, managing a team of in-house professionals and consultants developing all the required project phases from due diligence to final construction sets, preparing bidding documents, and providing answers to Change orders and RFI's as required.
Demonstrated leadership and self motivation
Support and implementation of company policies and programs ,
Strong Team player with willingness to function independently
Exceptional design quality and aesthetic sense with strong project visualization
Experience with Master and Urban Planning
Outstanding drawing and technical skills
Document production and development from programming phase to CD's.
Proficient in Archicad, Autocad, Micro Station, Architectural Desktop; Sketch up Pro, Revit, Kerkythea (rendering)
Working knowledge of 3D Studio, Vector Works
Mac and Windows operating systems, MS Office PowerPoint, acrobat and Photoshop
· International Design Manager for Starbucks Coffee Co. with over 40 projects completed in LatAm, providing support to other regions and markets in Asia Pacific, Greater China and EMEA. Managing an annual Construction budget of $12M
· Design Manager, Drive thru prototype for Starbucks International markets, (UK and Latin America).
· Project management and construction administration of over 100 YUM! Brands Restaurants (New and Remodel / Improvement) in the US, Mexico and Latin America, Including first pre-manufactured KFC in Latin America, prototype studies for new markets.
· Project Manager for over 30 Rubio's Mexican Grill Restaurants in California and Arizona.
· Project Manager of various Round Table Pizza Restaurants in WA State.
· Project Manager for 3 Pole Position Raceways in Corona, Las Vegas and Oklahoma
· Project Manager various Rite Aid Projects is California and Arizona
· Project Manager and Project Architect for various 5 Star and All inclusive Hotels in the Mayan Riviera, San Felipe, BC and Puerto Vallarta MX
· Project Manager for BarZelona Bar in Mexico
· Project Architect for Sundance Grill Restaurant in Richland WA.
· Project Architect for various Grupo Anderson's Restaurant Bars in Mexico
· Project Manager Los Caracoles Condominiums, Puerto Vallarta, MX
· Project Manager for Enterprise Rent-a-car Regional Offices and vehicle warehouse in Redlands CA.
Universidad de Guadalajara, School of Architecture (CUAAD) Guadalajara, Mexico 1995-1997
Masters of Architecture (Professional Degree) 4.0 GPA
Universidad de Guadalajara, School of Architecture (CUAAD) Guadalajara, Mexico 1986-1991
Bachelor of Architecture 3.6 GPA
Starbucks Coffee Seattle, WA 2007-2009
Passed various company courses on people and project management.
USGBC San Diego CA. 2006
Green Building and LEED preparation courses and seminars